All work and no play, drives the customers away
Do you ever dream of cheating on your old marketing campaign with new media? Do you envision the exciting opportunities lying all over the web, through multiple inviting and luscious screens? We do too.
And we have the perfect plan for it. No one will know until it’s out in the open and the world will stop for a second when your customers find out what you’ve been up to. But then they will play!
Gamification has become a trend and it’s being used by brands to stimulate interest and increase engagement of its customers. But on our local market, pioneers are still to prove their courage to innovate.
Any product can be transformed into a desired object by simply creating a competitive digital world around it. Any brand will stick into customers’ minds after engaging with it for rewards. And, most of all, it won’t look like advertising anymore, but a fun interaction people will seek, instead of blocking.
Here is a list of benefits of branded gaming, just in case you never took the time to imagine the possibility.
1. Giveaways – all customers love the thrill of instant winning. All they have to do is spend some quality time on your online platform and they receive an appreciation gift. All the marketer has to do is to sweep them off their feet symbolically, with a simple test product, a branded object or a shopping voucher.
2. Reward – loyalty is to be appreciated in all life aspects. So prove your customers you pay attention to them and keep them connected for future effective relationships. Loyalty is a human value, and the need for appreciation is as human as it gets.
3. Engage – the average browsing time is 3-4 minutes on a performant website. You can increase that short attention span and turn it into quality time for your users. They love to be part of something and they only stay if they are engaged in a fun activity.
4. Brand awareness – in a time when customers are trying hard to escape and avoid ads all over the Internet, a cool online game can keep them active. They will internalize key brand messages a lot easier through play, than through paid, intrusive and aggressive online commercials.
5. Positive brand experiences – Instead of offering people a message they forget, we can offer them a memory they will cherish. An experience with the brand tops any other form of written or verbal communication. Imagine what a positive one will do.
6. Attract instead of chase – of course no one wants to stay in a relationship unless it’s interesting. So, in order to be attractive, a brand must play and get interactive.
7. E-commerce hook – the beauty of online is that it’s always eager to change – any shopping discount coupons can be easily integrated into the online game and used to purchase products in the e-commerce platform. The cross-channel marketing technique is easy to implement and handy for the customer.
8. Drives traffic into your corporate website and other media channels – crossing visitors from one communication channel to another is easier than ever. You can create linked brand stories, place specific hints or codes in other media that players can use to complete the game. How else would you keep customers interested in your corporate messages?
9. Obtain clients data base – after opening the digital world to your clients, we can ask them to enter the newsletter data base and invite them to participate in any other marketing strategies. You already know who they are and they know your brand. The communication channel is open, so all you have to do is send them relevant messages.
10. Promote new products and services – making things interesting for the customers transforms them from passive visitors to pro-active buyers. They can discover your new products through play, use them as objects in the game and even post them on their social media channels, if the story takes them there.
Here is how a major sports apparel brand saves customers from zombies.
And here is how a popular confectionary company created huge awareness for a new product through an „eye-spy” game.